[78-L] Ron Hutchinson RIP

Elizabeth McLeod lizmcl at midcoast.com.invalid
Wed Feb 6 11:13:11 PST 2019

This is a real loss to everyone who loves "obsolete entertainment." I did
some aluminum disc transfers for Ron a long time ago, and got a Christmas
card from him for years after. Everyone who's ever enjoyed a Vitaphone short
owes him a debt of gratitude. RIP.

Elizabeth

On 2/4/19 3:53 PM, "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com.invalid> wrote:

I dee that all of the notices have been of facebook, sor for the few who
are
> here on 78-L but not on facebook, here is the sad news.

³It is with great
> sadness that our family announces the passing of a
wonderful husband, father,
> and grandfather - Ron Hutchinson passed away
suddenly this past Saturday due
> to cancer. Ron was well known as a film
historian through his tremendous
> efforts restoring early Vitaphone
films. His love, humor, and support will be
> missed by many. A memorial
service is planned for Saturday February 9th from 1
> - 4 pm at the
Piscataway Funeral Home in Piscataway
> NJ.²
78-L mailing