[78-L] of eBay and things

Malcolm malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Tue Jan 15 10:01:10 PST 2019

One of our members, many years ago, mentioned that he'd stopped going
to the eBay 78 listings because there were so many people listing that
didn't know the difference between a 78 and an LP.
This is still the case but I think I've figured out why.
YouTube just picks up on the number 78 if it shows up in the header - the
description of the record being listed - and then posts it wherever the
number
78 appears in "Records." Thus many of the LPs that show up in the 78
listings
do so if the were released in 1978.
Now that that's solved (?) how do we get rid of those mass posters that
offer nothing on a single day but hundreds of 78s worth maybe 50 cents each
at best and are now offered for $5 each?
Drives me nuts, but eBay is still a great reference tool for what we
like! I
couple that with YouTube if i want to hear an item that catches my eye.
Most of the time it can be found there.
Malcolm R