[78-L] Johnny Bode

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Mon Jan 14 18:25:07 PST 2019

I'm sure Chuck would have enjoyed to share a joint with Johnny Bode -
Jimi Hendrix was reported to have done that while on tour in Sweden.
Still, Bode's criminal record was huge, but innocent, compared to Chuck
Berry's. It didn't include armed robbery, trafficking and sexual abuse,
for instance.
Bode was into drugs, Nazism, communism, embezzlement, theft,
mythomania...everything that could ruin his carreer, which happened more
than twice.
There is a Johnny Bode society in Sweden that produces a yearly award to
an artist or politician, anyone who lives according to the spirit of JB
- that is: making life difficult for him/ herself. The prize money is in
X Swedish Kronor, which the prize committee announces, but confesses to
have spent on a big party for themselves.
Kristjan