[78-L] Johnny Bode

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Mon Jan 14 14:03:21 PST 2019

Don't know about the English pronunciation. Bode's career in England was
probably too short to give him an official English pronunciation. But in
Swedish it was: "ion'ni boo'deh" (rhymes somewhat with Ron E. Who'deh),
but the Swedish o is sometimes pronounced more like the long vocal sound
in French joux or doux or sous - with the lips slightly more closed than
in "who". There's no English equivalence to this sound, as far as I know.
I guess you've read about Johnny Bode's adventures - for those who
haven't: here's a link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Bode
Kristjan