[78-L] Canadian 78s

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Tue Jan 8 09:36:18 PST 2019

Steve Barr had some Canadian Columbia pressings from 1960. RCA was probably
still issuing French Canadian 78s in 1960..certainly 1959 since I've had a
couple of Coasters covers by 'Les Jerolas'. A Warner Bros 78 label was just
posted on Facebook (Kookie Kookie) and I know there was a listing of these in a
Sam The Record Man supplement but I've never seen a single one. A small label
called 'Barrel" (only one sample known to me) issued Travis and Bob's "Tell Him
No" and some other small label sides...

dl