[78-L] Train rhythm tunes

John Wright vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk.invalid
Wed Jan 2 15:14:20 PST 2019

Santa Claus Express

This Is The Way The Puff Puff Goes  (Rhythmic Eight did it)

John Wright

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 16:01:17 -0600
From: Mark Bardenwerper <citrogsa at charter.net.invalid>
Subject: [78-L] Train rhythm tunes
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

I know we used to make lists of songs based on themes. I would like to
start a new one. This would be on tunes with a locomotive or train-type
rhythm. Earlier ones had steam, later ones had diesel. We can include
track noise and whistles. Two immediately come to mind, one being just
recently discussed. If possible, we can include links to early
recordings. Let me begin with

Snow (1954, Irving Berlin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G47k6qSKgPw

Chattanooga Choo-Choo (1941, Mack Gordon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svRBivcvnd0

Beyond the Blue Horizon (1930, Robin, Whiting, Harling)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHqzgcoHxMk

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully