[78-L] ^White Christmas

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Tue Dec 25 12:57:26 PST 2018

Here you go, from the man who knows.

--

There was no direct service from Miami to Vermont, nor is there now.  They
would have had to change trains at New York's Penn Station, which is where all
the Florida trains terminated and originated; there was no Florida service
available out of Grand Central Terminal.

The fastest trip from Miami to NY Penn Station would have been on a name train
such as the East Coast Champion or the Silver Meteor, which would have taken 24
to 25 hours.  A connecting train from Penn Station would have then taken them
to Vermont, which would have added another five to 10 hours, dependent on the
final destination within the state.

The two pieces of stock footage used in that portion of the film are a Santa Fe
San Diegan on the coast south of Los Angeles and a Southern Pacific secondary
long-haul train with several mail and express cars right behind the
locomotives.  Neither railway ever got anywhere near Florida or Vermont.

*/Greg Gormick/*
*/On Track Strategies/*
*/Oshawa, Ontario/*
*/  and/*