[78-L] Nero 15 dehum - any help appreciated

Rodger J Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Mon Jun 4 15:14:56 PDT 2018

So I'm relearning everything with a new computer with new versions of
everything, and it's been a fun two weeks, but I'm stumped on this one.

I just transferred a cassette for a friend and the 60 cycle hum will drive
anybody nuts.  I see that Nero 15 has "Dehum" as an enhancement.  I used
Nero 6 for 10 years and never had to try this feature.  I learned the
declicker by trial and error - set it to the extremes and back off/modify
until I got something decent - and it works pretty well for lots of garden
variety noise.  Trying that methodology with the dehum in the new version,
however, doesn't seem to do anything at all.  As usual I must be missing
something very basic.  I have Audacity on this machine, too, but I don't see
any dehum options there.

Rodger Holtin

78-L Member Since MCMXCVIII

For Best Results Use Victor Needles