[78-L] Cleaning Diamond Discs with Grain Alcohol

gmail - i.collect.records i.collect.records at gmail.com.invalid
Thu May 24 12:59:06 PDT 2018

I like the Doctor's Miracle record cleaner.

I've been told to use alcohol on DDs, because water, when it gets into
the core, will cause it to expand destroying the records. You probably
know that already if you used alcohol to clean a DD.

Problem with alc is that, even completely denatured, has some water in
it. It is simply impossible to get alc to denature completely, and then
it can absorb water from the atmosphere.

Or so I have been told by those who know a lot more about chemistry than
I do, which is just about anyone who can breath under their own power.

Joe Salerno
I collect Records of all formats, sizes and vintages.