[78-L] Beetle Bomb - or whatever it is

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Wed May 9 20:44:02 PDT 2018

I always spell it Feetlebaum because otherwise some purist would pronounce
Feitlebaum as FITELbaum. But I think Feitlebaum is correct. The reissues of the
original 1947 recording became so muddy with echo and EQ that it sounded more
like an F sounded more like a B and the United Artists reissue of the Liberty
recording DID spell it Beetlebaum.

dl

On 5/9/2018 11:36 PM, Royal Pemberton wrote:
> Feitlebaum.
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 4:20 AM, David Lennick <
> dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Feetlebaum. And somehow it got misspelled as Beetlebomb over the years.
>>
>> dl
>>

>> On 5/9/2018 11:18 PM, Rodger J Holtin wrote:
>>> I overheard a discussion in a store the other day about the Kentucky
>> Derby
>>> and one of the speakers referenced an old record he used to hear on Dr
>>> Demento about a horse race and the surprise winner was Beetle Bomb.
>>>

>>> Of course, we know it was used on a pair of Spike Jones records, William
>>> Tell Overture and Dance of the Hours.  What I don't know is whether
>> "Beetle
>>> Bomb" is correct or is it something else.
>>>
>>> Can anybody still on The List enlighten us on the correct wording and the
>>> origin?
>>>

>>> Rodger Holtin
>>>
>>> 78-L Member Since MCMXCIX
>>>

>>> For Best Results Use Victor Needles