[78-L] Happy Birthday Jane Morgan

Inigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Thu May 3 15:11:26 PDT 2018

Years ago I found a spanish issue on Columbia (R-14566, c. 1946) of Hey
Ba-ba Re-bop, by Jane Morgan and the Bernard Hilda Orchestra. This was
pressed from original french Polydor matrix 6558-3 LPP, issued originally in
France as Polydor (Vedette Series) 590.191.

The BH orchestra was very popular in Spain during 2WW, because Bernard came
to Barcelona during the war, and formed an orchestra with french and
catalonian musicians. They did many gigs and shows in Barcelona and Madrid
during the 1940s. He recorded extensively in Barcelona for spanish EMI
branch (Compania del Gramofono-Odeon) and many records were issued under its
star label La Voz De Su Amo (spanish HMV). Later he switched to french Decca
(issued in Spain by Columbia) and continued coming to Spain for gigs, and
even acted in our TV during some seasons until the sixties.

Inigo