[78-L] digital dilemma

Inigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Mon Apr 16 02:36:18 PDT 2018

Rodger,
I used for recording 78s an old nx9010 HP laptop running on Windows XPHome,
and an external Creative sound card. One day that the sound card was not at
hand, I tried plugging the record output of the amp directly in the mic
input of the laptop, and it worked admirably well. You have to adjust a bit
the mic input level on the sound interface panel, but it works very well,
without trace of distortion. I also added the Esoteric Sound Re-equaliser
to the chain, in the tape 2 monitor plugs on the amp. Nice results!

--
Iñigo Cubillo