[78-L] Happy Birthday

BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Wed Feb 14 08:18:18 PST 2018

Isn't he the not so great actor who read "Manhattan Tower" and "Happy Anniversary", (with Ray Noble's orchestra), with Gordon Jenkins' far more talented wife, Beverly Mahr?   In any case, while he had a great voice, my opinion was that either his acting or the writing on both productions was mediocre at best; but in spite of that, and the fact that both recordings are painfully dated, I love them both and play them often. I was delighted when I found that Capitol had finally issued Manhattan Tower on CD and not expecting anything from Sony, I mastered my own CD of Happy Anniversary.

db

Sent from my iPhone