[78-L] Vic Damone 1928-2018

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Mon Feb 12 15:55:52 PST 2018

My mother reports that when I was a wee little tot about three years old, I
had already commandeered operation of the family radio-TV-phonograph and
that my favorite record was Vagabond Shoes by Vic Damone.  It had come into
the house with a batch of jukebox records dad got from a friend who had to
cycle them out of his restaurant.

Well, it broke by the time I was six or seven and never got replaced.  When
I heard this afternoon that ol' Vic died over the weekend, I found it on
YouTube.  Now I know why I loved it at 3 or 4.  He was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8npPmo7q3k

http://fox2now.com/2018/02/12/daughter-popular-crooner-vic-damone-dies-in-fl
orida-at-89/

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2018/02/12/585141338/vic-damone-golde