[78-L] Goodman / Carnegie at 80

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Sat Jan 20 19:54:33 PST 2018

On 1/20/2018 9:25 PM, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> On 1/20/2018 9:17 PM, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
>> On 1/20/2018 1:41 PM, Rodger Holtin wrote:
>>> Yeah, interesting article, but really raises as many questions as it
>>> answers.  What happened to the copy that supposedly went to the Library of
>>> Congress, per Benny's narrative?  Did Helen Ward's copy vanish?  Which is
>>> which, where?
>>>
>>> I assume Benny's account of the number of copies in his narrative was PR
>>> shorthand, not factual.
>>>
>>> An aside: Did you guys choke on the link for "acetate"?  What a hoot.
>>>
>>> But the use of multiple cutters does explain for me why the eq changes in
>>> mid-tune and during applause segments, which I would not have expected to
>>> have happened as often with 16" at 33 1/3rpm.
>>>
>>> Rodger Holtin
>>> Henderson, TN
>>>
>>> For best results use Victor Needles

The CBS studio aluminums, (or were they acetate coated aluminum?) caught
up in a swarm of legal problems, were stashed, to be found much later,
in a deteriorated state. However, it appears as if they were more
complete than the acetates.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully