[78-L] Sinatra answer

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Sat Dec 16 18:57:09 PST 2017

On 12/16/2017 4:28 PM, kil at roadrunner.com.invalid wrote:
> Thanks so much, Kristjan & Malcolm,
> I got all your posts.  I certainly had my eyes opened.  I thought, for sure, that it was a real Hawaiian, or South Pacific group, but could not understand why they received no label credit or even a mention.  Now I understand.  78L still lives.
> RayK
I am sure it was a real Hawaiian group. That sort of act was thick on
the ground in those days. Axel Stordahl was a superb arranger and
Columbia had a bevy of musicians to choose from. And of course, there
was no need or desire to scrimp on talent. Realized also that in those
days, there were hundreds of acts of all sorts plying the boards.
I am reasonable sure that it wasn't a name brand band like Andy Iona.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully