[78-L] What is a Savannah Band?

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Fri Dec 1 16:15:18 PST 2017

On 12/1/2017 11:32 AM, Rodger Holtin wrote:
> [...]
Savannah was one of the wealthiest cities of the South well before the
Civil War. It's climate was conducive to the growing of cotton, staple
of the Southern economy. It was one of the principle ports along that
extent of the Atlantic coast. These factors led to it also being one of
the cultural centers to the South before the rise of other cities such
as Atlanta. It was in fact the first capital of Georgia. Thus in lore
and in fact, it was and still is regarded highly in the imagination of
the Antebellum South (antebellum meaning, pre-Civil War).

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully