[78-L] K-Tel?

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Sun Nov 26 03:34:13 PST 2017

On 11/25/2017 10:13 AM, David Lennick wrote:
> Does anyone know of the K-Tel label being revived in recent years? I ran across
> a CD compilation I did for Living Era ten years ago called Beat the Band to the
> Bar, apparently available under the K-Tel and Emerald banners. The original
> label manager knows nothing about this or whether Universal Music Group might
> have sanctioned the release (they took over Living Era but deleted everything
> and showed no interest in continuing it because of possible legal problems).
> I'd like to know if this is legit or if I should start suing somebody.
>
> https://www.google.ca/search?q=K-tel+beat+the+band+to+the+bar&biw=1024&bih=658&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=WBQOxffmzfNtxM%253A%252Cvk-F_TEDmWiS2M%252C_&usg=__2gmV6hXI8lMFo0xFS-MVAn6jXQw%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiK04fNg9nXAhUl04MKHVXUAEUQ9QEINTAE#imgrc=WBQOxffmzfNtxM:
I see the original was released in 2006. They must be scarce.
This one was 2013. Nowhere to I see a hard copy. The only recourse might
be to contact the people who are offering it for download. I think I was
it on Apple Music and Amazon Music Unlimited (UK). Send 'em a strongly
worded Cease and Desist.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.
Technology...responsibly, thoughtfully