[78-L] Who is backing Autry?

Malcolm malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Mon Nov 6 18:23:42 PST 2017

No more so than Columbia who was/is notoriously stingy when it comes to
researchers getting access to their archives. We record nu... er,
discographers... have almost always had friends behind the scenes over
the years such as Helen Chmura and others.
Here's an interesting article that touches on the subject, from
Mainspring Press:
http://www.mainspringpress.com/columbia-pressings.html
Since OKeh and Columbia were both part of the megacorp that had formed
during and just after the depression access, or lack thereof, is not
surprising.
Mal

*******