[78-L] Some weird jazz titles

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net.invalid
Mon Nov 6 13:18:57 PST 2017

Black roses blues
[O1280-7] The Original Dixieland Stompers
Dixieland:
unidentified pers.
c. 1985
    When the saints go marching in    Delta (G)11 012 [CD]
    Buddy Bolden's blues         -
    C. C. Rider [See See Rider]         -
    Joshua fit the battle of Jericho         -
    Go, tell it to the mountains         -
    My Bonnie is over the ocean         -
    Lizzy's rag         -
    Over in the Gloryland         -
    Down by the riverside         -
    Eh la bas         -
    Play it to me         -
    Snappy         -
    Remember         -
    Raggie time         -
    Nobody knows the trouble I've seen         -
    Black roses blues         -
    Go down Moses         -
    Bugle call blues         -
    Drum fire         -

Gerald Wilson
[W7445-7]
Big Band Modern:
John Anderson, Louis Grey, Allen Smith, Clark Terry (tp) Isaac Bell, Atlee
Chapman, John Ewing, Britt Woodman (tb) Jerry Dodgion (as) Teddy Edwards,
Paul Gonsalves, Frank Haynes (ts) Bill Green (bar) Cedric Haywood (p)
Addison Farmer (b) Gus Gustafson (d) unknown (male vcl) Gerald Wilson
(arr,cond)
Los Angeles, early 1954
F1142    Mambo mexicano (pt 1)    Audiolab AL1538, Federal 12196, King
LP295-93
F1143-1    Mambo mexicano (pt 2)            -               -           -
F1144-1    Algerian fantasy (pt 1) (*)    Federal 12208, King EP348,
LP295-93
F1145    Algerian fantasy (pt 2) (*)           -           -       -
F1146    Lotus land (pt 1)    Audiolab AL1538, King EP348, LP295-93
F1147    Lotus land (pt 2)            -            -       -
F1148    Theme            -
F1149    Since we said goodbye (   vcl)            -
F1156    Romance            -      , King LP295-93
F1157    Bull fighter            -
F1158    Black rose            -      , King LP295-93
Note: All above titles also on The Jazz Factory (Sp)JFCD22880 [CD].

Black rose
[P171-7] Marty Paich
The Picasso Of Big Band Jazz:
Pete Candoli, Buddy Childers, Jack Sheldon (tp) Herbie Harper (tb) Bob
Enevoldsen (v-tb,cl) Vince DeRosa (fhr) Herb Geller (as) Bob Cooper, Bill
Perkins (ts) Marty Berman (bar) Marty Paich (p) Joe Mondragon (b) Mel Lewis
(d)
Los Angeles, June 7 & 8, 1957
    From now on    Cadence CLP3010, Candid CCD79031 [CD]
    Walkin' on home           -               -
    Black rose           -               -
    Tommy's toon           -               -
    New soft shoe           -               -
    What's new ?           -               -
    Easy listenin'           -               -
    Martyni time           -               -
    Nice and easy           -               -
Note: Candid CLP9031(mono) = CS9031(stereo).
All above titles also on Discovery DS857 titled "What's new ?".
"From now on" was also recorded by Paich on a Treasury Department
transcription with Mel Torme and that instrumental version was included on
Mel Torme's "Round Midnight" Stash ST252 LP.  Although a specific date and
personnel in unknown, it was probably recorded c. 1957.
All above titles also on Candid (Jap)32JDC-122 [CD].