[78-L] OT: Tape Recorder

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Thu Oct 19 14:46:56 PDT 2017

I actually found a picture of the recorder used. It's an EMI L2B from
about 1955.
http://www.vintagerecorders.co.uk/VR_View_Page.asp?IDS=6

Why he used a good mike? Maybe it was used in the theatre performance.

BTW, David, I will be playing a few of Nat "King" Cole's recordings from
the 1939 transcriptions in my radio programme. The ones you transferred
for Naxos. Terrific job - very good sound!
I wonder: was it really THE Pauline Byrns (Byrne) who "led" the vocal
group Pauline & Her Perils on some of these recordings? She sounds a bit
different from the Pauline Byrne on Shaw's recordings made a year later.
Kristjan