[78-L] OT: Multitrack recording

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Tue Sep 12 02:41:09 PDT 2017

David and Joe, thanks for answering.
David, are you talking about RCA-recordings made in the 1950's or 1960's?
It strikes me that the cutters must have used two-track tape before the
advent of four-channel stereo. In that case, the "masters" (from which
the lacquers were cut) must have been second generation tapes, if the
recordings were made on three- or more-track tape recorders.
Can anyone confirm?
Kristjan