[78-L] restoring Ralph Peer's gear?

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com.invalid
Fri Aug 11 06:35:56 PDT 2017

On 8/11/2017 1:50 AM, Malcolm wrote:

> So when is this going to air?
> Malcolm
>
> *******
>
> On 8/10/2017 5:16 PM, Rodger Holtin wrote:
>> A broadcast professor friend sent this link to me.
>>
>> Always wondered what the Bristol session machinery looked like.

The American Epic series has been available on PBS for a while,
interesting visuals but generally sloppy history. the recording program
is the last of the series, basically Willie Nelson and others fooling
around with the restored equipment. But this may not be the same as the
reference either, which sounds more technical.

The bit of inspiration in the series comes at the end of one of the
early episodes, where there is a discussion of the Voyager recording,
including particularly the Blind Willie Johnson piece. The program ends
with Johnson's recording playing against images of stars and galaxies,
affecting and to me a stroke of genius.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine