[78-L] Larry Clinton Question

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Jun 11 08:57:31 PDT 2017

On 11/06/17 16:39, kil at roadrunner.com.invalid wrote:
> Does anyone have or know a link to a Larry Clinton discography?
> In particular I am looking to find the exact date he recorded THE DIPSY DOODLE with Bea Wain, probably in late 1937.
>  From what I understand his recording was never released by Victor on a 78, hence it is missing from all of the discographies that I have found online.
> I did see mention of a complete discography by Charles Garrod, but haven't located it online.
> I am aware of an instrumental version that was released later, and also a Bea Wain vocal with the band from a radio transcription.
> But I am ultimately looking for the date he recorded THE DIPSY DOODLE with Bea Wain for Victor, which was never released, if there was such a recording.
> I am not trying to track down the audio, just the date.
> Thanx for any leads.
> RayK
I have checked Lord 10.0 and ADBORAF and can't find it listed. Is there
any evidence that it was recorded? Bearing in mind that Tommy Dorsey had
recorded it for Victor on October 14 1937 (the day before Clinton's
first session for the same company), it seems unlikely that the company
would have Clinton do it as well, particularly as TD was the bigger name.

      Julian Vein