[78-L] Columbia 1-A-6 etc

David Jessup dgjessup at hotmail.com.invalid
Sun Apr 23 05:11:41 PDT 2017

If I remember right, it's take / mother / stamper in that order. Many times the middle letter (mother) is omitted. Looking at a couple Bessie Smith discs I pulled out, A3844 seems to omit the mother, but A3888, "Baby Won't You Please Come Home Blues" shows 3 - G - 165. (Flip side mystifies me a bit: "Oh Daddy Blues" shows 2 - BI ("bee - eye")- 170

All best - Dave Jessup