[78-L] Bea Wain 100

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Wed Apr 12 11:02:46 PDT 2017

Doris is a youngster, although she recently discovered that she was
about to celebrate her 95th birthday, not her 93rd. Must have been a
nuisance.
But I have to correct myself on Bea Wain's status as the last one
standing among swing vocalists. Both Vera Lynn and Helen Clare are
older. Vera celebrated her 100th birthday a couple of weeks ago, Helen
Clare, however, already in November last year. Clare sang with Jay
Wilbur's band, Lynn started out as a band vocalist with Joe Loss,
Charlie Kunz and Bert Ambrose.
And, outside the scope of dance band vocalists, actress and singer
Danielle Darrieux celebrates her 100th birthday in May. She recorded in
the 1940's with Raymond Le Grand and in the 1960's with Michel Legrand,
Raymond's son (she played a part in the movie "The Young Girls Of
Rochefort", to which Michel Legrand wrote the music). A very nice voice
in younger years  - check her out!
Kristjan