[78-L] White Cliffs Of Dover

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Sun Mar 26 13:17:30 PDT 2017

Thanks, Trevor.
What I'm after is whether there were weekly record issues in Britain at
the time. I have a copy of Melody Maker from 1931 which shows bimonthly
issue dates for major labels (Decca, Columbia etc). Melody Maker was a
monthly then, but in 1942 it was a weekly magazine, and my guess is that
the music industry adopted its release pattern after the possibility to
advertise in leading music magazines.
So if anyone has a 1942 copy of Melody Maker, preferably from the month
of April, it'd be of great help. The 1942 MM:s put up for sale on e-bay
only show the cover of the magazine, and I probably won't have time to
order a copy to see for myself. (Need this info for an upcoming radio
programme).
Kristjan