[78-L] Kemp or Specht?

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Tue Feb 21 20:59:02 PST 2017

On 2/21/2017 10:35 PM, kil at roadrunner.com.invalid wrote:
> While trying to make an MP3, I discovered where I found it, and therefore where the misinformation originated, (assuming that this is Harmony 639 -H, which we don't know yet).  I'm depending on you to verify the artists so I can correct my notes.
> It is from Internet Archive under Hal Kemp (#36)...
> https://archive.org/details/HalKempOrchestra78rpmCollection/01-01+Ain't+You+Ashamed.m4a
> Anyone can hear it or download it there.
> RayK

Thanks for finding this. It's definitely Specht, He was at the Capital
theater in 1928 where he experienced a drastic change in personnel. Hot
trumpet Sylester Ahola left first, and my wife's banjo/trumpet
grandfather later moved to the Capitolians. Thus ended Specht's hot
music era. This is a feeble attempt; the old tightness is gone and it
lacks flare and crispness.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.