[78-L] Kemp or Specht?

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Tue Feb 21 18:45:07 PST 2017

On 2/21/2017 8:21 PM, Bryan Wright wrote:
> It’s not too much of a mystery. Both Kemp and Specht recorded under the “Carolina Club Orchestra” pseudonym. In cases where no vocalist is present, keen-eared listeners might be able to distinguish between the two bands. Given the presence of Johnny Morris, however, it’s a dead giveaway that it’s Paul Specht’s band in the case of “Waitin’ for Katy” on Harmony 639-H. The DAHR site has it right.

There was overlap primarily because of the cooperation that existed
between Specht and Kemp. Paul really launched Hal, who, I understand,
was working the Atlantic ships in the early 20's with Paul's
sponsorship. Paul sent him to Europe in 1924.

If someone has a copy of the record, I would buy it if reasonable.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.

Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com