[78-L] Centennial?

Andrew Homzy andrew.homzy at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Feb 14 16:12:42 PST 2017

While there is argument in favour of Sweatman, many consider his music to be ragtime.

Is Sweatman recognized by any defining jazz history books (Martin Williams, Berendt, Morgenstern, Porter, Gridley, Goia) or anthologies - such as the Smithsonian?

The music of the ODJB is still part of the jazz repertoire - never was with Sweatman.

A.