[78-L] Rich Conaty1954-2016 RIP

Doug Mackie carl.lefong at verizon.net.invalid
Sun Jan 1 08:10:17 PST 2017

Rich Conaty, host of the "The Big Broadcast", a vintage music show on Fordham University's WFUV FM for four decades, died of cancer on Friday, 30 December at age 62:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/35066591007/

http://www.wfuv.org/content/rich-conaty-1954-2016

Here's a 2010 article about Rich from the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/automobiles/collectibles/07EGO.html

Rich was a 78 collector and a regular at the 78 Bash in central NJ for decades.  His knowledge of and enthusiasm for the music of the 1920's and early 1930's was unsurpassed by anyone I ever knew.  He also had a delightful sense of humor, which came across on his show and in person.  He will be sorely missed by me and by his legion of fans.

 I don't recall Rich posting to this list, but I suspect that some of you either knew him or of him.  I knew him since the mid 1970's.  Rich was a dear friend, although in recent years I saw him only at the Bash each June.

Doug Mackie
Princeton, NJ