[78-L] Pilgrim Records and the G-Clefs

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Mon Dec 19 08:29:52 PST 2016

In its original incarnation, circa 1955, Pilgrim Records was a
Boston-based label that put out a few records by local artists.  I was
just reading an article about the G-Clefs, who had two hits ("Ka-Ding
Dong" in 1956, and then in 1961, "I Understand").  If I am reading the
article correctly, Pilgrim Records was still putting out some 78s in
1955-56.  Do any of you know about Pilgrim or have any sides from that
label? Would labels in 1955-56 have switched over to 45s, or would they
still have put out both 45s and 78s? And  I'm especially eager to find a
record called "Friendship" by the Dee Jay Quartet.