[78-L] Old cowboy song...

Graham Newton gn at audio-restoration.com.invalid
Sun Dec 11 11:44:08 PST 2016

Hello All and thanks to those who replied to my "Old cowboy song" question.

The song was ID'd by a few people including Donna Halper who said:-

> It may be a Canadian folk song/country ballad called "If You'll Only Let
> Liquor Alone."  I found some information that said the song was first
> identified in 1963, in New Brunswick Canada.

and later she added:-

> And I have also found that there was an earlier version, from 1947
> (still Canadian) under the title "If You'll Only Leave Whiskey Alone."
> Compiled in Edward Ives' Folksongs of New Brunswick.

It seems the "Liquor" version is probably it!

Thank you all again for this assistance!

... Graham Newton

Howdy pardner...

This is important for my 90+ year old aunt who recently lost her husband, the
love of her life.  He wasn't a singer but he has left a cassette of a few songs
that he sung with no identification of titles or anything like that.
With the help of Google and some of my references, I've been able to ID
everything BUT this one which remains.

It is incomplete, starting just into the song but is complete from there on.
It's conceivable that the tune may be known by something other than the words
that accompany this, so any suggestions are welcomed.

It is on my web site, so click on it and see if it rings any bells for you!

http://www.audio-restoration.com/Jean_Sherman.WAV

Any leads would be appreciated

... Graham Newton

--
World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.