[78-L] Old cowboy song...

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Sat Dec 10 20:07:33 PST 2016

On 12/10/2016 7:41 PM, Graham Newton wrote:

> Howdy pardner...
>
> This is important for my 90+ year old aunt who recently lost her husband, the
> love of her life.  He wasn't a singer but he has left a cassette of a few songs
> that he sung with no identification of titles or anything like that.
> With the help of Google and some of my references, I've been able to ID
> everything BUT this one which remains.
>
> It is incomplete, starting just into the song but is complete from there on.
> It's conceivable that the tune may be known by something other than the words
> that accompany this, so any suggestions are welcomed.
>
> It is on my web site, so click on it and see if it rings any bells for you!
>
> http://www.audio-restoration.com/Jean_Sherman.WAV
>
> Any leads would be appreciated
>

> ... Graham Newton

These old songs are so touching. Reminds me of those collected during
the depression from the work camps in central California from 1940-41.

http://tinyurl.com/hnn4wlf

This may be obscure. So many of these songs were handed down. Does she
know more? Record them all if you can! Many of them go back to the roots
of folk music.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.