[78-L] Here's Vince!

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Fri Dec 9 21:10:43 PST 2016

Haven't plugged Vince Giordano's shows for a while..in part because I couldn't
post to 78-L for a while (problems with the idiotic reorganization of Bell
Canada's e-mail system).

*December 2016 / January 2017*(and beyond)**

Grammy Award Winner

*Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks*

*The holiday season is upon us and we wish you peace, health and happiness…*

*We are grateful for your support and friendship!//*

*Chartwell Booksellers invites you for *

*HOLIDAY TEA AT THREE*

*Featuring**Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks*

*Saturday, December 17^th *

*3pm to 6pm in the Lobby of the Park Avenue Plaza Building, 55 East 52^nd
Street (between Park & Madison)*

*Admission is FREE. Dancing in encouraged!*

/**************************/

We continue to play */almost/ *every Monday & Tuesday night at

*Iguana NYC **on the 2^nd Floor***

*240 W. 54th Street (between 8^th & Broadway), NYC *

8pm - 11pm BAND / Doors open at 7pm

Call 212-765-5454 for Reservations and great Tex-Mex food

*Monday, December 12^th *

*Tuesday, December 13^th*

With special guest The Honey Taps on Tuesday 12/13/16

*Monday, December 19^th *

*Tuesday, December 20^th *

*Monday, December 26^th *

*Tuesday, December 27^th *

*NO SHOWS on January 2^nd & 3^rd ***

*Monday, January 9^th *

*Tuesday, January 10^th *

*Monday, January 16^th *

*Tuesday, January 17^th *

With special guest The Honey Taps on Tuesday 1/17/17

*NO SHOW on January 23^rd ***

*Tuesday, January 24^th *

*Monday, January 30^th *

*Tuesday, January 31^st *

$20. Cash Cover Charge at the door + $20. Food / Drink Minimum / Please tell
them you’re making a reservation to see the Nighthawks!*_Reservations are
recommended!_* There is an elevator too ~ *HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON*!

*- - - - - - - - - - - *

*New York Theatrical Premiere*

*“Vince Giordano — There’s a Future in the Past”*

*The man and the band who make the Jazz Age come alive!*

A film by Dave Davidson & Amber Edwards.

What does it take to keep Jazz Age music going strong in the 21^st century? Two
words: Vince Giordano – bandleader, musician, historian, collector and NYC
institution. For nearly 40 years, Vince Giordano and The Nighthawks have
brought the joyful syncopation of the 1920s and ‘30s to life with their
virtuosity, vintage musical instruments, and more than 60,000 period band
arrangements.

This joyful documentary offers an intimate portrait of Vince, taking us behind
the scenes as he shares his passion of hot jazz with a new generation of music
and swing-dance fans.

*Friday, January 13^th through Thursday, January 19^th *

*ONE WEEK ONLY in NYC!*

Cinema Village Theater: 22 E 12^th Street (between 5^th & University)

Daily Showtimes: 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm, 9pm

Tickets $12 Adults / $8 Seniors, Students, Children

212-924-3363 www.cinemavillage.com<http://www.cinemavillage.com>

Vince Giordano + filmmakers Dave Davidson & Amber Edwards will appear at 7pm
shows on Friday, Saturday & Sunday

*- - - - - - - *

*And on the West Coast…*

*April 4^th – San Diego, CA!*Cinema Society / show time TBA**

*April 5^th – Scottsdale, AZ!*Cinema Society / show time TBA**

*April 6th – Payson, AZ!*Cinema Society / show time TBA

**

*Starts April 14th – in Los Angeles, CA! *

Laemmle Theaters, show times TBA www.laemmle.com<http://www.laemmle.com>**

Vince Giordano + filmmakers Dave Davidson & Amber Edwards in person opening
weekend in Los Angeles!

~~~

*“If music is God’s gift to man, then Vince Giordano is one of the angels who
delivers it! A terrific film about dedication, perseverance and staying true to
one’s art. (And that music)”*

Terence Winter, Creator of ‘/Boardwalk Empire’/

*“A remarkable film, brimming with dazzling performances. We are the lucky
recipients of his magnificent obsession.” *

Michael Feinstein, Singer, pianist and music revivalist

~~~

Distributed in North America by First Run Features.

We are so grateful to all the supporters who gave, and gave again, to see this
project through! We know that many of you are owed a DVD as your perk, and we
have not forgotten that promise. First Run Features plans to make these
available following the Los Angeles premiere in April.

*- - - - - - - - - - - *

*92Y presents:*

*/GET HAPPY /**/Harold Arlen’s Early Years/**//*

/Before he achieved immortality with “Over the Rainbow”, Harold Arlen was the
toast of Broadway, Hollywood and the big-band scene – composing classics like
“Stormy Weather” and “I’ve Got the World on a String” - plus many more kick off
the _92Y’s Lyrics & Lyricist 2017 season_. ///

*Robert Kimball *co-artistic director & writer

*Vince Giordano *co-artistic & co-music director

*Klea Blackhurst*co-artistic director, host & vocals

*Gary Griffin*, stage director

*Peter Yarin*co-music director & pianist

featuring

*Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks *

With vocalist**

*Stephen DeRosa*

*Erin Dilly*

*Catherine Russell*

*Nathaniel Stampley*

SHOWTIMES:

*Saturday, January 21^st *at*8pm *

*Sunday, January 22^nd *at*2pm & 7pm *

*Monday, January 23^rd *at*2pm & 7:30pm*

Order Tickets Today! www.92y.org/lyrics<http://www.92y.org/lyrics>212-415-5500

1395 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10128

*- - - - - - - - - - -*

Most *Wednesday’s *in *December & January*

5:30pm - 7:00pm

*David Ostwald’s Louis Armstrong Eternity Band*

Vince will be on Banjo and Guitar

*Birdland Jazz Club*

315 W. 44th Street, NYC www.birdlandjazz.com<http://www.birdlandjazz.com>

*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - *

*YALE UNIVERSITY*

*Saturday, February 3^rd *

Concert begins at 7:30pm

*/Early Ellington/*

JoinVince Giordano and the Nighthawks for a special evening of Duke Ellington.

Morse Recital Hall in Sprague Memorial Hall, 470 College Street, New Haven, CT
06511 / 203-432-4158

http://music-tickets.yale.edu/single/SYOS.aspx?p=15970

*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*

*Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks - *CDs Available!**

*BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Volume 1 – Music from the HBO Original Series*

GRAMMY award-winner for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA!!!

CD's available: $17. each including postage within USA:

*Café Society –*Original Motion Picture Soundtrack**

*Bessie – *Music from the HBO Film**

*Quality Shout!*

*Cheek to Cheek*

*Cotton Club Revisited*

*Bill Challis’ the Goldkette Project*

*The Aviator – *Music from the Motion Picture

*Moonlight Serenade *– Big Band Hits of the 1930s & ‘40s

*It’s De Lovely *– The Authentic Cole Porter Collection**

*Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: *Music from the HBO Original Series**

*Boardwalk Empire – Volume Two: *Music from the HBO Original Series

*Boardwalk Empire – Volume Three: *Music from the HBO Original Series

Mail checks to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230 / Payable
to "*Vince Giordano*"

Order Online: www.vincegiordano.com/music<http://www.vincegiordano.com/music>

Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.

****************************

/Have you seen //*_Café Society_*//yet?///

/Vince is in the film and on the sound track with the Nighthawk’s quartet!/

****************************

*Nighthawks in the News:*

*The Wall Street Journal*

http://eepurl.com/b9bLYL

**

*The Huffington Post*

http://tinyurl.com/hpnbhly

*Interview on WQXR: **Check this out – you can listen to it here….*

http://www.wqxr.org/#!/story/concert-recreate-rhapsody-blue-premiere-90th-anniversary/<http://www.wqxr.org/#%21/story/concert-recreate-rhapsody-blue-premiere-90th-anniversary/>

*Terry Gross on NPR’s FRESH AIR*on November 6^th , 2013 ~

Check this out – you can listen to it here….

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/06/243483782/vince-giordano-the-fresh-air-interview

*If you would like to be /removed/ from our mailing, list just let us know.*

*Website*: http://www.VinceGiordano.com <http://www.vincegiordano.com/>

*/Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks ~ 718-376-3489//~/ /email:
//vincegiordano at optonline.net/ <mailto:vincegiordano at optonline.net>*