[78-L] Glen Miller was: Kay Starr - R.I.P personal remininces of a 1960 born child who loves swing

Dave Burnham burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Thu Nov 10 14:45:06 PST 2016

An excellent testimonial!  My favourite Miller 78 is "Make Believe Ballroom Time"; that was the theme song of a program of the same name broadcast in Toronto on CKEY in the 50s. (I was only a child at the time and I always thought it was "Maple Leaf Ballroom Time", a mistake more likely to be made in Canada than the US.)

Absolute must acquisitions for any Miller fan are the Air Force band on CD reissues and the two boxes, "The Secret Broadcasts" and "The Lost Recordings". The only indication that these recordings are not amongst the finest Big Band recordings of the '70s is that they are in mono. Glen Miller never sounded so good on recordings.

db

Sent from my iPhone