[78-L] Cubs in the Series

Rodger J. Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Wed Nov 2 15:06:22 PDT 2016

I'd like to point out that Elmer the Great played for the Cubs.

78 content: How to Play Baseball - Joe E. Brown on Victor  45-5804 and
45-5805 in album Y-351 from 1948.
Brown starred in the Elmer the Great movies in the early Thirties and
slipped into that character for a few moments on each side of this set.  A
boyhood favorite, strains of which are still heard in my head at the
ballgame every summer.

Always loved the scene in the first film where they're playing in the rain
and pitching without a ball....and that's about all I remember - haven't
seen it in 50 years.

--
Rodger
For Best Results Use Victor Needles