[78-L] Fwd: Re: Vinyl Lovely Vinyl + 78s around Madrid

Inigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Oct 8 16:15:18 PDT 2016

Joe, thanks for your feedback.
It is true that our collections are going to feed new collectors, as
others' had feed us on the past, and that it is unavoidable that with time,
our surviving records will become museum pieces; only the music they
contain will be left for future generations to enjoy.
In the other hand, I like to play gramophones, but also enjoy mp3
transfers, especially when not at home. Our National Library in Spain is
developing a marvelous Digital Hispanic
Library, where they are adding each day more and more old books in PDF
form, and other things interesting for shellac collectors, as are the old
Spanish record catalogues, and a great deal from their collection of at
least 25,000 78s, many of which are being transferred to digital,
accessible to general public. Just go to http:\\bdh.bne.es and look for
transferred, from Spanish pressings, many of them from American and
European recordings, but thousands of original Spanish music too.

Saludos,
Iñigo