[78-L] 78-L The Petrillo we loved to hate

Eòin f jfleming63 at msn.com.invalid
Fri Sep 23 12:34:52 PDT 2016

________________________________
From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com <78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com> on behalf of Jack Daney2 <jackson1932 at cfl.rr.com.invalid>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:18 PM

 It's no secret that the decline in the public's taste in damn near everything, not just music has been a continuing downward spiral over the years and there seems to be no end in sight short of armageddon.

Take heart. People felt similarly two hundred years ago when waltzes were being embraced (in more ways than one) by the upper class.  Perhaps it is your own taste that has improved over the years. When I go back and listen to some of the 78s I liked as a pre-teen,  I'm embarrassed. I understand now why adults were so unconcerned about giving them away.