[78-L] Admiral Robert E. Peary, "The Discovery of the North Pole"

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com.invalid
Tue Sep 6 13:59:09 PDT 2016

On 9/6/2016 10:47 AM, Joel Bresler wrote:

> Dear Friends:
>

> Apologies for cross posting. I am seeking a copy of this recording, either
> by purchase or loan, for an upcoming show of historical maps related to
> Arctic exploration.
> http://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/200008609/C-8528-The_dis
> covery_of_the_North_Pole
>

> I would also be glad for a digitized version of the audio. Please contact me
> off list if you have any of the above.
>

> Best,
>

> Joel

See what you can make of this:
http://www.history.com/speeches/robert-peary-reaches-north-pole?m=55cce9921285b&s=undefined&f=undefined&free=false

You should be able to steal enough of this to do what you want, I would
think. You might contact the Peary-MacMillan Museum at Bowdoin for help
- they may have a recording in their collection, and might well be
interested in your work with maps.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine