[78-L] Acoustic gramophones sound comparisons, and experiment proposal.

Dave Burnham burnhamd at rogers.com.invalid
Thu Sep 1 12:26:20 PDT 2016

That's a good suggestion!  I've been dissatisfied with the thin sound of my credenza compared to others I've heard; I've even had Sean Miller around to look at it and he worked extensively on it and made some improvement, but it's still not as good as others. I saw one in Jacksonville FL which sounded glorious but it was an electric motor version with a 25 Hz motor which had no torque whatsoever.

One thing to keep in mind, these machines were designed to play electrical recordings, not acoustics.

Sent from my iPhone