[78-L] Steel needles

Rodger Holtin 78-L rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Sun Aug 21 18:29:11 PDT 2016

I know that up through the Orthophonic Victrola and earliest Electrola models the old straight shank steel needles were the standard.

At what point did they introduce the "semi-permanent" needles that I remember from the early Fifties?  They looked kinda like a dog leg and I wore out a lot of them. When the record sounded fuzzy it was time to change the needle.

Still have many of the records I played that way and I assume only the lighter weight of the pickups then was my only saving grace or they'd surely have been ruined and they aren't.

Rodger

Sent from my iPhone, which explainz any bad typjng and nonsensical word choices.