[78-L] Weavers?

Inigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Jul 8 12:57:48 PDT 2016

Seems that our docs have shot 100%. The song you said is on a X side,
without The Weavers vocals, but there's a Decca side 76422 by the artists
you mentioned, except for the song "Goodnight Irene". Sounds like one of
those irritating "memory mixtures" between the two songs.
BTW, a Decca matrix numbered #45-76422 sounds like a 45 rpm reissue of a78
side.... am I wrong? And the single is numbered 9-27077... wasn't this a
reissue of a 78 numbered 27077?
Confirmed by the wonderful TODP, thanks to good old Settlemier, Abrams &
co. This website has answers to lots of questions! The 78 counterpart it's
in the
Decca 27000 series listings. No date mentioned, but correlative nearby
sides places our specimen somewhat near mid-May 1950.

I love this work. Would love to work dating 78s with so many marvelous
tools at hand, plus an engineer mind curious enough for correlations,
numbers and the like...

Saludos,

Inigo