[78-L] Jass before Jazz

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Mon Jul 4 06:00:50 PDT 2016

Not at all in the case of many jazz and blues records..in fact I find the -2 or B take to be the first choice on hundreds of Victors and OKehs, unless they "got it right" the first time and didn't do a second one.

In later years, some companies like Columbia numbered their takes after the fact, in order of preference. On Decca, a D take usually means an A take that's been dubbed (and usually sounds terrible).

dl