[78-L] Florence Foster Jenkins (was Leona etc)

Ron ron at roscotron.com.invalid
Tue Jun 7 12:14:24 PDT 2016

David;
Marion Talley was a pretty well-known opera singer in the teens and twenties
and made one of the early Vitaphone sound on disc shorts singing "Cara Nome"
from Rigoletto around 1926-27.  I never noticed the "ah" thingy.  This can
be found on some of the Vitaphone shorts reissues on DVD.

On the only Vitaphone disc I own Benjamino Gigli sings a duet from "Lucia di
Lammermoor" with Marion Talley.  So she had to be pretty good!  [I think the
film portion of this short is lost.]

Ron Roscoe