[78-L] Welles "War of the Worlds" 78 linecheck?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Mon May 23 14:35:49 PDT 2016

It's pretty certain that one or two stations delayed the broadcast, and the version Mannheim Fox had (used on Evolution) was excellent quality..and why didn't anyone ever get that set and remaster it to eliminate the overlap at the first quarter?

I've also had a set on 16-inch but that was dubbed from 78RPM lacquers in 1949 by Radio Recorders.

dl