[78-L] GHT conference in Barcelona, may 27-29.

Inigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Wed May 18 13:42:33 PDT 2016

Recently,  a kind woman from Biblioteca de Catalunya sound archives,
Margarida Ullate, probably also an ARSC  member,  contacted me,  because
good old Alan Kelly cited my name as (humble) helper on the Spanish
gramophone catalogue compilation foreword.
She sent me an interesting info on next week GHT conference in Barcelona.
GHT is the Gesellschaft für Historische Tonträger, an Austrian sound
preservation organisation, unknown to me until today. These people is
organising an ARSC type conference, the 17th Diskografentag International
Conference, sponsored by the Catalan Bibliotheca. The conference is a three
full day venue, full of interesting chats on things related to our Hobby,
sound restoration, old recordings, technical and musical related matters,
czech Ultraphone history, etc. People as Bill Dean-Myatt, George
Brock-Nannestad and Suresh Chandvankar are going to speak, and also other
people from Europe and India. Promising event. I'm planning to attend. It
runs from Friday 27 at 9:00 to Sunday 29 evening, full of conferences an
interesting chats, visits to sound and music museums in Catalonia, and
ending with a bye-bye dinner in Barcelona.
For those interested I can send info off-list.
Regards,
Inigo Cubillo