[78-L] Petrouchka

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca.invalid
Sun Apr 10 14:23:48 PDT 2016

Ta-daa!
I'm told that Columbia ran dubs of the 16" discs as safeties and that the 78s could have been dubbed from THESE..they certainly are lousy in many instances, but with quiet pre-1942 pressings you can sometimes EQ them back into something tolerable. Remember the Mitropoulos Mahler I that sounded awful on 78s but apparently was fabulous on CD?
dl