[78-L] "Armed forces record" info request

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net.invalid
Sun Feb 21 10:17:58 PST 2016

noticed   a 12" LP

Armed Forces Record

Armed Forces Information & Education

Department of Defense

Wright Patterson Air Force Base

matrix P-10261/P-10262 series, catalog number 108-1A/1B

Side 1

Elvis Presley - that's Someone You Never Forget

Henry Mancini - Happy Barefoot Boy and Two for the Road

Gale Garnett - The Cats I Know

Al Hirt - Big Honey and Puppet on a String

Side 2

Carolyn Hester - Hello You Tomorrow's and Reason to Believe

The Cyrkle - two Rooms and We had a Good Thing Goin

Frankie Valli - Can't Take my Eyes Off You

The Trouble with Me

Please provide any information you have about this series of records

Are the tracks from commercial recordings, or were they recorded for DoD ?

What years were they active?

What is the relation to Patterson AFB ??

Were they like the V-disc program - for broadcast, or sold to military, or

available in recreation areas, or ?????

Thanks!

Best wishes, Thomas.