[78-L] WC Handy, 1952 & 1953

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Feb 13 16:34:37 PST 2016

Anybody know the original source?

The link below is an LP of W. C. Handy, Father of the Blues, on DRG Records
SL5192

http://www.shugarecords.com/wc-handy-a-musical-autobiography-lp-sealed-sl-51
92-mono-vinyl-record

Perhaps the liner notes on the back would tell me these things if the photo
was clearer.  I borrowed a copy and taped it ages ago, and my notes from
that have only dates, April 12, 1952 and December 7, 1953.  I feel sure had
there been anything about original sources I would have noted that.

Were these radio programs, TV shows?  Some university's oral history
program?

I can find copies on eBay and found it in WorldCat, but nothing to id the
sources.

Rodger

For best results use Victor Needles